Last year we introduced a new Summer Internship Programme called the WCRS Big Break. It worked so well that we now have four Big Breakers working full-time at WCRS in roles ranging from Project Management to Account Handling to Social Media Specialist.
We are now open for applications for Big Break and the Big Break team have asked me to write something to encourage more amazing applicants.
First up, I’d recommend that anyone interested reads last year’s blog piece ‘Five reasons working in a creative agency is totally awesome’
And then if that’s not enough to persuade you here are 15 things that WCRS people did over the last 12 months – these are the sorts of things our next Big Breakers will be doing on the scheme this summer.
In the last 12 months we:
• Met Sylvester Stallone and shot a new TV commercial with him as the star
• Took a gang of keen cyclists to the Olympic Velodrome to see what times they could clock
• Got Johnny Stimson’s song ‘Holding On’ to number 1 in the UK Shazam chart
• Launched Candy Crush Soda Saga worldwide and celebrated at the agency with 200 bottles of purple soda drinks
• Put Jenson Button inside a cash machine in our Secret Santander hidden camera stunt
• Won more new business than any other agency
• Worked with the legend that is Harrison Ford for Sky Movies
• Enjoyed a private performance here at the agency from Sharleen Spiteri of Texas fame
• Trained an octopus to play table-tennis for Betfair’s World Cup campaign
• Worked with Paddington Bear as Warburtons rebranded to Warbeartons
• Teamed up with Pixar and the Toy Story gang to promote Sky Broadband
• Hired Britain’s leading Zombie squad to invade a petrol station for NOW TV’s The Walking Dead launch
• Won £100,000 of free media for the charity Women’s Aid through an ingenious new use of technology
• Joined up the characters from Frozen, Spiderman, The Lego Movie and The Muppets in Sky Movies’ epic Christmas commercial
• Created the world’s first ever digital Christmas pudding, stuffed with Bitcoins
And a whole lot more that you can read about right here…
WCRS’s Big Break Scheme offers talented candidates a unique 3-month placement spanning, account management, planning and project management.
Apply for the 2016 WCRS Big Break here: www.wcrs.com/bigbreak/ Applications close on 24th February 2016.