WCRS Privacy and Cookies Policy
- Information we may collect from you
- Uses made of your information
- IP Addresses and Cookies
- Where we will store your information
- Disclosure of your information
- Your rights
- External links
This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.wcrs.com (Site). The Site is operated by WCRS, a trading division of Engine Partners UK LLP, which is registered in England with company number OC365812. (we, us and our). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- a record of correspondence if you contact us; and
- details of your visits to our Site including, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you to:
- enable us to provide you with information you request;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and will be anonymous to ensure that individuals cannot be identified.
For the same reason, we obtain information about your general internet usage by cookies, which launch when you first land our Site. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
- estimate our audience size, usage patterns and user preferences;
- improve, customise and personalise our Site and service according to individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to our Site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site.
|_utma||Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web service provided by Google. Google Analytics sets 4 cookies in order to evaluate your use of the Site.
Google stores the information collected by the cookies on servers located in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You may reject or delete these cookies by following this link: https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Where we will store your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored on our secured servers at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Such data may also be processed by staff outside the EEA, who work on our behalf or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site: any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- in the event that we sell acquire or merge with any business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to a prospective seller or purchaser of such business;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of WCRS, our customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of any personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of any such information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.
Our Site may occasionally contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.